Pulmonary & Critical Care Fellowship Conference Information
One of the strengths of the PCCM division, are the daily conferences that are conducted in accordance with the recommendations of the ACGME for the PCCM training program. The content and level of discussion takes into the consideration the participation and attendance of pulmonary fellows, and taps upon the resources of a large faculty of full time attendings and PCCM attending physicians in private practice. The conferences are structured to encompass all aspects of pulmonary and critical care medicine. This is accomplished by utilizing a monthly template of topics (see below) and conferences that are developed by the PCCM fellows under the guidance of the program director and associate program director. Weekly discussions about the quality of the conferences results in occasional modifications of the topics and format. Cases take into consideration a series of didactic lectures according to a core curriculum that has been developed.
Click here for Daily Conference Schedule and Conference Conferences 2010-2011.
- Cornell Combined Conferences: The PCCM fellows and attending physicians participate in the Weill-Cornell Medical Center Inter-Hospital monthly conference. Interesting cases from New York Methodist Hospital are discussed in conjunction with Cornell Medical Center, Brooklyn Hospital Center, and New York Hospital Center of Queens.
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center: The PCCM fellows are also required to attend an infectious diseases conference where interesting and difficult to diagnose cases are discussed. This conference is held on a weekly basis. The PCCM fellows present an interesting Infectious Disease case at one conference each month.
National Meetings: Each fellow attends at last one major national meeting per year. Opportunities to present at these meetings are available if an abstract is accepted or as part of one of the faculty members involvement with the sponsoring organization. Below is a list of the major national meetings attended by our fellows:
- ACCP Pulmonary Board Review -August (3rd year fellows)
- American College of Chest Physicians Annual Meeting -October
- Society of Critical Care Medicine -February
- ACCP Fellows two day Mechanical Ventilation Workshop -April
- American Thoracic Society Annual Meeting -May