Prepare for Surgery
Thank you for choosing New York Methodist Hospital to meet your surgical needs. You can be assured that every member of our team has your special needs as a priority.
A representative from New York Methodist's Pre-Surgical Testing department will contact you prior to your scheduled date for surgery to set up a "pre-surgical testing appointment". Pre-surgical testing takes approximately two to three hours and includes blood tests, an overview of your medical history and physical, and meeting with a nurse to review your medications and answer questions regarding your surgery.
The pre-surgical testing area is located in the Kirkwood Pavilion (Area 1), on the first floor by the Emergency Room area. You can enter the building at the Sixth street and 7th avenue Emergency Room entrance.
For more information, call 718-780-5060.
Once your pre-surgical testing appointment is scheduled, there are some forms and information you are required to bring to your appointment.
Before arriving at NYM for your procedure, please:
- Bring your insurance card
- Bring your medications in their containers
- Complete a Pre-surgical Testing form
- Save the form to your computer
- Then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you're not able to save and email the document, just print it out and bring it with you to your appointment.
- If you have questions, please contact us at 718.780.5060.
Download the Pre-Surgical Testing Checklist to ensure that you are prepared for your testing appointment.
To learn more about Pre-Surgical testing, download our Surgery Brochure.
Learn more about:
Instructions and What to Bring With You
What to Expect the Day of Your Surgery