If your surgeon determines that testing is required, an appointment with the pre-surgical testing department will be made at the time your procedure is scheduled. Pre-surgical testing takes approximately one to two hours and may include blood tests, x-rays or breathing tests.
During your testing session, you will meet with a nurse who will complete a health history and review your medications.
The pre-surgical testing area is located in the Kirkwood Pavilion, on the first floor. You can enter the building at the Sixth street entrance.
For more information, call 718.780-.5060.
Before arriving at NYM for your procedure, please:
- Complete the Pre-Surgical Testing form
- Save it to your computer
- Then email it to email@example.com
- If you're not able to save and email the document, just print it out and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Fill out the Pre-Admission form and hit "Submit" to send it directly to us
- If you have questions completing either form, call 718.780.5060.
Download a copy of our Pre-Surgical Testing Checklist so you don't forget a thing.
Download a copy of our Surgery Brochure.
Learn more about:
Preparing for Surgery
Instructions and What to Bring With You
What to Expect the Day of Your Surgery