Surgical Weight Reduction Program
NYM's Surgical Weight Reduction Program provides treatment for severely obese patients who have not been able to achieve weight loss through non-surgical means. NYM is recognized by the American Society of Bariatric Surgery as a "Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence."
The Program's team of specialists includes surgeons specializing in weight reduction surgery as well as endocrinologists, nutritionists, physiologists, and clinical social workers.
An individual may be a candidate for surgical weight reduction if he or she:
- has body mass index (BMI) of at least 35 (about 100 pounds above ideal body weight).
- has repeatedly attempted to lose weight through dieting but has not been successful.
- is highly motivated to lose weight.
- is willing to change current eating habits.
- is between the ages of 18 and 68.
Surgical weight reduction is major surgery that results in progressive, long-term weight loss in the majority of morbidly obese patients.
Find a surgeon specializing in Bariatric Surgery here or call 718.246.8600 for an appointment.