Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center at NYM
Diagnosing multiple sclerosis is often difficult because its symptoms can mimic other illnesses and tend to come and go. There is a wide range of symptoms, among them weakness, muscle spasms, tingling, numbness, double vision, blurred vision, fatigue, and urinary dysfunction. Fortunately we now have many new techniques to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of MS.
The Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Center, headed by a neurologist trained in the most advanced MS treatments and clinical research, stands apart from others of its kind by offering excellent and compassionate multidisciplinary care. The core team includes a specialized nurse, rehabilitation specialists, physical and occupational therapists, urologists, a urogynecologist, psychiatrists, ophthamologists and social services.
We perform a complete evaluation and tailor a treatment plan that takes into account the type of MS, symptoms and person's lifestyle. Treatments may include:
- Inpatient and home infusions (steroids and IVIG).
- Immunomodulatory therapies (interferons, glatiramer acetate and natalizumab).
- Chemotherapy (cyclophosphamide, mitoxantrone, methotrexate and imuran.
- Spasticity management (oral and intrathecal baclofen, tizanidine and botox injections).
- Complimentary therapies such as acupuncture,qigong and yoga.
For an appointment at the Center, call 718.246.8818.
Learn more about multiple sclerosis.