Foot and Ankle Center
718.780.5850 or 718.780.5125
The Foot and Ankle Center at New York Methodist will help you “stand up” to an active life. NYM's Division of Podiatry, based out of the Center, treats virtually all foot and ankle disorders, including:
- Diabetic foot care
- Conditions that require surgery, such as bunions or hammertoe deformities – surgery is usually done on an outpatient basis in New York Methodist's state-of-the-art Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Ingrown toenails, nail fungus, plantar warts, neuromas (tumor in a nerve cell), and conditions that result from systemic diseases such as diabetes or arthritis
- Foot problems originating from orthopedic or biomechanical problems such as flat feet or high arches
- Pediatric disorders of the foot or ankle
- Sports related injuries and heel pain
We completely evaluate a person’s feet and general health during their
first visit to the Foot and Ankle Center using x-rays and lab tests,
when needed. Our podiatrists also schedule diagnostic studies,
including MRI and Venous Doppler, if necessary.
The Foot and Ankle Center provides easy access to NYM’s other diagnostic departments. Once a diagnosis is determined, the podiatrist will discuss treatment options. Treatment may include a combination of the following:
- Physical therapy
- Corrective footwear
- Surgery – as a last resort
NYM podiatrists are committed to educating patients. They hold personal information sessions and provide patients with brochures and videos highlighting foot and ankle conditions. Podiatrists encourage patients to ask questions. In addition, our doctors give detailed reports to doctors that refer their patients to us.
The Foot and Ankle Center is open Monday through Friday. To schedule an appointment, call 718.780.5850 or 718.780.5125.