Admitting at NYM
The Admitting Department at New York Methodist Hospital (NYM) is located in the main lobby of the Miner Pavilion, next to the security desk. Its hours of operation are 24/7.
Members of the Admitting Department aim to serve NYM patients with courtesy, respect and privacy. Registrars are often a patient's first contact with the Hospital. They are responsible for organizing each patient's information so that medical professionals can provide appropriate care. Financial information is obtained to ensure accurate billing for services rendered.
Additional services provided by the Admitting Department include the following . . .
- The Life Begins Program was established to make the Birthing Center admission process as easy and pleasant as possible.
- Private Rooms at NYM can be requested by contacting our Private Room Coordinator, at 718.780.5071, or by visiting the Admitting Department. Private rooms, when available, require an additional cost which is not covered by insurance carriers.
Telephone Numbers for Admitting at NYM:
- Admitting Department Main Office: 718.780.3214
Emergency Room Admitting: 718.780.3152
Life Begins: 855.LIFE.NYM (855.543.3696)
- Transfer/Direct Admitting: 718.780.3813
- Private Rooms: 718.780.5071