Information on Admission
Welcome to New York Methodist Hospital
The Admitting Department is here to expedite your admission and answer any questions you may have. An admission to NYM can take place through:
- NYM's Emergency Room: If you or a loved one requires immediate medical attention our Emergency Department can evaluate and stabilize you and, if necessary, coordinate your admission to the Hospital.
- A Private Physician: The Admission Transfer Center will coordinate your admission through your private physician's office. Your physician will contact the Transfer Center and book your direct admission to the Hospital. Once a room has been assigned the Transfer Center coordinator will contact you to expedite your admission. Your physician can contact the Transfer Center by calling 718.780.3818. We encourage all patients who may require a direct admission to the Hospital to speak with their physician about coordinating with the Admission Transfer Center.
- Another Institution: If you or a loved one would like a transfer to NYM from another facility please coordinate with your NYM-affiliated physician, who will contact the Transfer Center to complete the transfer.
- Without an NYM-affiliated Physician: You can find an NYM-affiliated physician by accessing our Physician Referral Service online or by calling 718.499.CARE.
- The Life Begins Program: This program has been established to meet the healthcare and logistical needs of expecting mothers. Prior to your arrival we will provide consultation on the programs available to you, including private rooms. We encourage all patients to visit the Life Begins page for further information or call 855.LIFE.NYM (855.543.3696).
Health Insurance and Your Financial Responsibilities:
A member of the Admitting staff will go over your insurance before or at the time of admission. On or before admission, you will be asked to pay in full for estimated charges not covered by your insurance. The Hospital accepts cash and major credit cards for payment.
If you have questions about what you owe, please contact a financial counselor at 718.780.5188. Maternity patients who have questions about their financial responsibilities prior to delivery can speak with a financial counselor by calling 718.780.5144.
Telephone Numbers for Admitting:
- Admitting Office: 718.780.3214
Administrative Office: 718.780-3293
Emergency Room Registration: 718.780.3152
Financial Consultation : 718.780.5188
Life Begins/ Maternity Pre-Registration: 855.LIFE.NYM (855.543.3696)