Junior Volunteers Currently Full
High school students (ages 16 and up during the school year) are a vital part of our volunteer program. Many students want a real-life, hands-on experience as an introduction into health care. Junior Volunteers commit to two volunteer shifts a week. Shifts are a combination of either an Administrative placement, Patient Care placement, or a placement in the Patient Library. The minimum commitment is six months of service. We expect this program to attract many area students so we will be highly selective. Please be sure to list your interests, goals and reasons why you want to volunteer in a thoughtful, well-written application.
Clinical and administrative departments welcome volunteers seeking the opportunity to volunteer in an office setting. Answering phones, inputting data, filing and copying are some of the tasks volunteers are engaged in at their placements. We offer both small and large office placements. Some are more fast-paced than others.
- Monday-Friday 2-5 p.m
- Weekends not available.
Volunteers are trained by our Nursing Education Department to feed, transport, care for and visit with patients of all ages. Working as part of the nursing team, volunteers have an opportunity to make a positive impact on a patient’s day. Both students and adult community members find this opportunity gratifying.
- Monday-Friday: 2-5 p.m., 3-6 p.m. or 4-7 p.m.
- Weekends: 8-11 a.m., 12-3 p.m. or 4-7 p.m.
Juniors will serve as a Librarian Volunteer one shift a week bringing books and magazines to patients.
Students selected to be Junior Volunteers must comply with the attendance policy below:
- Monday-Friday: 12-2pm, 2-4pm, 4-6pm, 6-8pm
- Weekends: 10am-12pm, 12-2pm, 2-4pm,4-6pm
- Junior Volunteers must take no more than one excused absence per calendar month. To take an excused absence, the volunteer needs to alert the volunteer department about the absence ahead of time. Failure to comply results in disciplinary action and subsequent termination.
- No call or no show for any shift during the 6-month commitment results in immediate termination.