Very Limited Availability | Please Read Instructions
Cuddler Volunteer, Ilene Adams, holding baby Nova.
We currently have limited openings for the Cuddler Program. Please apply only if your availability matches one or more or our openings, you can commit to a minimum of six months of service and you live within walking distance of the Hospital.
- Sundays: 7:30-9:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Fridays: 7:30-9:00 p.m.
What is a Cuddler?
A Cuddler is a trained volunteer who is able to hold and comfort fussy babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Research has shown that the care Cuddlers give to babies helps lead to shorter stays in the Hospital, faster weight gain and improvements in development.
- Required Experience: Life experience and a high level of maturity
- Minimum Age: At least 22 years old, or older.
- Minimum Time Commitment: One and a half to two hours per week for a minimum of six months
- Best Suited for the Program: Retirees and working professionals who live within walking distance to the Hospital.