Cuddler Program Currently Full
Cuddler Volunteer, Ilene Adams, holding baby Nova.
What is a Cuddler?
A Cuddler is a trained volunteer who is able to hold and comfort fussy babies in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Research has shown that the care Cuddlers give to babies helps lead to shorter stays in the Hospital, faster weight gain and improvements in development.
- Required Experience: Life experience and a high level of maturity
- Minimum Age: At least 22 years old, or older.
- Minimum Time Commitment: 1 ½ - 2 hours per week for a minimum of six months
- Best Suited for the Program: Retirees and working professionals who live in the immediate neighborhood of the Hospital. Because we can never predict how many or how few babies are going to be in our NICU at any given time Cuddlers need to live within walking distance of the hospital.
- Current Openings: Currently Full