The mission of the Ambassador Program is to assist Hospital staff in supporting patients and caregivers with compassion and care.
The role of the Ambassador Volunteer is to do the following:
- Orient patients and caregivers to their unit and to the Hospital as a whole.
- Problem-solve and advocate on behalf of patients and caregivers.
- Support patients and caregivers through the stress that can come with a hospital stay.
We are currently recruiting new volunteers to help us grow and expand this program. We are looking for compassionate, outgoing, advocacy focused adult volunteers to help us care for patients and caregivers.
Minimum Age: 21
Minimum Time: One shift per week for a minimum of six months. (We are especially looking for people who can make an ongoing commitment to this program beyond the minimum six months.)
- Times: Seven days a week: 2:00-5:00 p.m. or 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Best Suited for: Retirees, working professionals and college students with an interest in social work or medicine.